Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beginning My Journey

Let's face it.  I have known for some time that I should get into better shape.  I have made countless goals for myself and have ended up only becoming more discouraged and more upset when I did not meet these goals.  Weight loss is so hard for me now.

It wasn't always this way.  I used to be able to maintain ay oand/or lose weight easily but apparently something went wrong within the past five years.  I hit thirty which I have heard makes weight loss harder.  I have also ended up having three children during this time.  I don't typically or commonly gain weight but when I am pregnant I gain a lot.  This has made those three back to back pregnancies (my older daughter was just 16 months old when my son was born and he was just 2 years old when my youngest daughter was born) detrimental in my weight loss.

I also suffered from severe post partum depression and with that came poor choices and really no efforts to lose weight. I have been trying for the past few months and obviously doing something wrong so here I am attempting to try once again.

Weight loss sucks and is something that is so hard that I have no idea how I will manage it but I am going to keep trying.

Yesterday was a day of tests for me.  I tried eating smaller amounts of food more often and wasn't hungry all day long.  Also I did not snack or have a need to eat at night before bed.  This is huge because I am often good all day long but then at night I end up snacking and ruining all of the hard work that I put in during the day.  Today I start counting calories for my meals.  This is going to be a challenge in itself but something that I am completely prepared for.

Day 1 (yesterday) here is what my food and exercise looked like.

--Breakfast--protein shake
--Snack--caprese salad (a small one)
--Lunch--baked French fries with BBQ sauce (I had been craving fries for a few days and these were baked with just a touch of cooking spray on the pan and on top so there was no extra oil or anything)
--Snack--strawberries with fat free cool whip
--Dinner--grilled chicken skewer
--Snack--pretzel rod dipped in white chocolate (one pretzel rod) and one gummy worm

Exercise
tested my ability to run--1.3 miles!  (goal for Wed is 1.55 miles)--I will be running on Mon-Wed-Fri preparing for my first 5K which is on September 7th.
I did three leg machines and three arm machines at the gym as well.

I am going to be working with the amazing Heather who is living proof that hard work and healthy eating can pay off big time.  She looks amazing and I am hoping that she can really help me to snap this body back into shape.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment